Monday 2 January 2012

Dreams and the year to come.

So yeah,  Happy New Year, this year is the year of the Dragon apparently. It is also the year the world is supposed to end, only if you believe that. There is a site that does talk about the top ten ways the world will end and they are laughable.

The stuff on that site might not even be true but it is still funny, I like the one about the cloud of negative energy. So a cloud of Emo's will hit the Earth, hasn't that already happened? Though I think the breed of Emo has died out somewhat and evolved in to the breed of Scene which is basically emo but more colourful, with bigger hair, bows, Hello Kitty and happy pills.

To get back to the topic at hand about Dreams. I have been having some weird ones lately, I don't know if its because my sleeping patterns have been screwed up or if my mind is just finding new ways to keep my occupied or maybe my mind is trying to tell me something. The ones that are really sticking in my mind are, a few nights ago I had a lrp dream, it was the ususal Lrp dream I could see other players doing thier thing, all I can thenremember is running down a street. Then for some unknown reason Dr Who shows up (Matt Smith ofc who else) and for another unknown reason I hugged him (well it was MS why wouldn't I) but it had the odd sensation of feeling familar, and I don't really like it when I can feel in my dreams, I don't like not knowing how I can feel in dreams, maybe its my brain recreating the memory of a hug I have encountered before, and as Matt Smith is considerably taller than I am my brain chucked in a memory of me hugging someone taller than me so that it felt natural. Now last nights was one of the oddest since I ran down the stairs from my room screaming i'm so glad no one was around to see that one, they would have gotten a shock. But anyway from this dream I can remember, playing Monopoly with several of my real friends, some lrp characters and Fenris from Dragon Age 2 were there. I then remember kissing Fenris then pushing him away, using my powers of psychology (I mean titbits of knowledge) I can probably deduce I was substituting the image of Fenris for someone I liked and by kissing them, it showing that I liked then but then pushing them away meaning I obviously wanted to push them away. I am baffled. Another surpising turn that my dream took was someone stole all my clothes and I was running around my old college campus looking for them.  I looked up the meaning of being without clothing in a dream and I got "To dream that you suddenly discover your nudity and are trying to cover up signifies your vulnerability to a situation." I think this time around my brain is trying to tell me something and I have no clue about it. I do seem to like it better my my brain just tries to amuse me with odd dreams. 

I watched BBC's Sherlock lastnight becuase there was simply nothing else to do and I really didn't want to go to bed at that time, and as there was nothing else to watch or anything that I wanted to read I thought I might give it a try, I have watched the older version and found it ok, I have seen both movies featuring Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law and I loved both of them so I thought why not? So a got in to it at like ten minutes in and I found that it is really good. Not only does Benedict Cumberbatch look good in a sheet but Lara Pulver (Ms Adler) was amazing, the only thing I have seen her in was True Blood as Claudine, and I have to say that the BBC are one up with HBO as BBC got her naked whereas HBO who are renound for getting people naked didn't get the fairy princess naked in her brief stint before her character was drained by the lovely Eric Northman. But part way through the episode the laptop dies on me it just cuts out, so I notice that it is really hot so I let it cool off and make it little feet from tea light holder thingys so that it would keep it off the table, and so far so good it is working and thanks to the help of BBC iplayer I got to watch the rest of the episode. 

Well I am going to leave the internet for a little while to play god on Sims 2. I just hope that I haven't installed all these discs for nothing. That would really annoy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment