Friday 15 April 2011

Sunshine

I have just finished reading Sunshine by Robin McKinley, it is a Sci fi vampire novel about a girl called Rae "Sunshine" Seddon who gets  captured by vampires and creates an alliance with a vampire who is also captured and they go on to kill this other big vampire and become kind of friends. But in this book the vampire Constantine is not the generic beautiful vampire I dont remember the exact description but he is describes as having mushroom colored grey skin with black hair ( I think), tall and well built moves like a vampire doesnt really express emotion, apart from in one bit where they kill the big nasty He kind of remonds me of Fenris from DA2(pic below). Rae is just a baker in a coffee house that knows a bit of magic. And it ends on one of those endings where you expect the next book, but Mckinley doesnt write sequals because shes odd.

After reading this I went to youtube to just look for songs and I found a Mumford and Sons song called Awake my soul with just reminded me of the alliance/ friendship between Con and Rae. And parts of the song correspond like "Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all" reminds me of the battle when Con and Rae  are holding hands and fighting. "Lend me your eyes I can change what you see" Con gives Rae the ablility to see in the dark through healing her in a odd way. Also Mumford and sons I gave my all is a good song to go with this movie.


Now I have to find something else to read, or to do, I could go to Dragon age but John is on Sims Medievil. I might read the fourth TB book with will correspond to the upcoming fourth season. I would say I get to read the next one on my bday but it doesnt come out til May so I will have to wait, which is also when the 3rd season of true blood comes out which I have also asked for my birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment